Frontend Technical Lead
- Job Ref: 5442
- Location: Madrid, United States
- Type: Permanent
Our client is seeking to hire a full stack developer in the role of technical team lead.
As a team lead you will be responsible for our internal Client Devices team providing the technical leadership and knowledge to build and maintain our client facing apps, as well as being the owner and lead for the operation and successful delivery of the mobile, web and connected devices apps
You will be responsible for coordinating with stakeholders to extract user requirements, propose, accept and seek approval for improvements as well as coordinating a team of full stack developers in the delivery of the required features. As part of your role you, together with your team, will provide and track estimations and work, coordinate your team and report to the department manager in a comprehensive way.
- To grow, manage and lead a team of developers to build the next generation of our client facing applications.
- To be the technical lead of the team, mentoring team members in best practices and ensuring the overall quality of the code.
- To be the custodian of the architecture and design of the applications being developed or maintained by the team.
- To drive work and release planning, smartly handling interdependencies between teams, and identifying and managing requirements and architectural convergence as well as software delivery risks.
- To liaise with the stake holders and the department manager on the current requirements, progress and risks.
- To develop, maintain and improve our web platform
- To develop, maintain and improve our iOS and Android applications
- To plan and architect the tech for new app features, systems and integrations, and ensure the team realisation until go live.
- To lead the team on operating and providing support for released applications after go-live.
- Apply pragmatism and best practices in software engineering, delivering projects on time, with excellent quality.
- Writing tests and continually improving our build process
- Take ownership of the app, finding ways to improve its effectiveness, reliability and cost.
- To hands on code for approximately 50% of your time.
- At least 8 year of hands on development experience including backend and frontend development.
- Extensive experience and a familiarity with full stack web development, nuances and characteristics including best coding and testing practices.
- Extensive experience with web development frameworks like React, Angular or Vue.
- Experience with AMP technologies via SSR.
- Experience with SEO and performance optimization for web applications.
- Desired experience in Mobile development using React Native and native development on iOS or Android.
- Desired programming experience in at least one or two backend languages (nodeJs preferred, .NET, Java, etc) with experience designing scalable backend APIs
- Demonstrate extensive understanding of REST / GraphQL APIs and best design patterns
- Experience and pragmatism in testing
- Experience managing a team of developers and QA in an agile way to deliver the product within the schedule and with top class quality.
- Desirable experience with MBaaS solutions (Google Firebase, Cloudkit, AWS Amplify, etc)
- Desirable experience with approval processes on Mobile App Stores
- Fluent English and outstanding communication skills (written and oral) especially in understanding requirements and explaining technical or complex concepts.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
- Extensive experience with Agile Practices and the tools involved in them.
- A proactive and get things done attitude.
- Desirable experience working with a remote team.
- A leadership attitude and the ability to mentor and guide team members.