- Job Ref: 2566
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
Frontend Engineer | Madrid
We are looking for a passionate Front-End Software Engineer to join our Frontend Infrastructure team in Madrid.
This position is for candidates who enjoy working in an international and multidisciplinary team, collaborating with engineers, UX designers and product managers from all around the world to build the required Frontend Foundation for outstanding and engaging web applications.
In this role, you will...
- Participate in the development of our existing Open Source projects: Senna.js, AlloyEditor, Metal.js
- Work with the latest Web technologies and standards to leverage them appropriately.
- Experiment with all the latest frameworks (Angular, React, Ember…) to define integration paths and propose improvements to our existing technology stacks.
- Help our other product teams produce standard, performant and accessible apps by providing the essential building blocks and training materials.
- Work closely with our UX team to conduct user tests and figure out what solutions work best for our customers.
- Improve our Frontend Test infrastructure working in collaboration with our Q&A team to make sure our shipped code has exceptional quality.
- Have the opportunity to attend conferences around the world and give talks to share your work with the community.
- Use Git and GitHub on a daily basis. Most of your work (if not all) will be Open Source.
- Work in an Open Source company with strong ethical values, sharp vision and a multicultural environment.
Skills & Requirements
- Passion about frontend technologies. Up-to-date knowledge about the latest trends and frameworks in web development: Angular, React, ES2016, Web Components, Progressive Web Apps...
- Great knowledge about frontend ecosystem and tooling: Babel, Browserify, Webpack, Rollup, npm, jspm, PostCSS, Grunt, Gulp...
- Great knowledge about HTML and CSS
- General knowledge in performance, accessibility and security for the web.
- Self-starter, quick learner, self-motivated, proactive beyond your duty.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Currently living or willing/able to relocate to Madrid.
Awesome, but what does this company offer me?
An opportunity to change the world :)
We are a leading provider of enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products, servicing Fortune 500 companies worldwide, including Allianz, Barclay's, BASF, Cisco Systems, Lufthansa, T-Mobile, and the United Nations.
Working here is an opportunity to participate in an ethical, motivating, challenging and constantly expanding project within an international environment that offers the possibility developing a personal career according to your capabilities and preferences as part of our team.
Benefits and Perks
- A place to be yourself, in which everyone can grow personally.
- Fast and powerful Mac or PC and a 24' monitor.
- Flexibility to work remotely when the task allows for it.
- Free healthy food in our kitchen. Tons of fruit, coffee, Tea, Cola-Cao or Nesquik, cookies...
- Health insurance for you and your family.
- Sorry, we don't have a gym yet, but you can exercise in our foosball table!
- No, we don't have an Xbox, Play2/3/X, but who need them when you enjoy your job so much ;)
- But above all, your happiness is important for the team. Money-back guarantee if you don't get enough daily smiles.
We look forward to hearing from YOU!
Contact: Irene M Morgado - +34 663310533 - [email protected]