Our Client is a leading provider of asset allocation solutions for retail, institutional, and high net worth clients. This is a permanent opportunity to join our client in Dublin City West.
About the role:
As a Portfolio Engineer you will be part of a dynamic group, tasked with developing innovative ways to manage client portfolios. You will work collaboratively within the Systematic Portfolio Engineering team, mentoring junior team members, to analyze large data sets of portfolio holdings, identify trading opportunities, configure our optimization platform inputs for desired trades, and evaluate portfolio quality. You will monitor portfolio characteristics, understand factor and risk model exposures, perform cross-sectional and time-series analysis to improve investment outcomes, and build processes to facilitate ongoing oversight across millions of data points. You will also represent the team in projects with our client’s technology group, providing prototypes, requirements, and business context.
- 5+ years of meaningful experience in an investment role
- Degree in Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science preferred
- Existing or active progress toward CFA credentials
- Deep understanding of capital markets, portfolio construction, portfolio theory, quantitative portfolio construction techniques
- Experience with software such as Northfield, Axioma, or Barra
- Experience with SQL, R, Java or Python, and data visualization with Tableau or Spotfire preferred
- Real passion for financial markets, technology, and innovation
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
What’s in it for you?
- Join a great team
- Get great experience
- Possibility to work with latest technologies
- Flexible Working
- Training Assistance & career progression
- Great benefits (health insurance, pension)