Finance Operations Manager
- Job Ref: 3426
- Location: Drogheha, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Title: Finance Operations Manager
Location: Drogheda, Co Louth with travel required
Reporting to: Operations Director
Principal Objective of Position:
Our client, a division of a Group listed on the London Stock Exchange, manages and supports a large European network of more than 1100 retail unmanned and full service fuel filling stations.
The company has recently gone through a period of rapid growth, largely through acquisition. As a result, they now looking to standardise their Finance operations though a centralised finance function.
This role will be responsible for introducing new processes and improvements in addition managing the day to day financial operations for the Retail Hub that supports the forecourt network businesses across their European markets.
- Financial Operations
- Management of a team of 16 Financial professionals
- Periodic financial and management reporting
- Management of the Treasury function
- Working capital, cash flow and overhead management and optimisation
- Responsibility of the purchase to pay procurement process for fuel and non-fuel suppliers.
- Management of the accounts receivable and credit control functions.
- Supporting the periodic budget and forecasting processes and the review of actual performance against budgets
- Ownership of data in Retail BI reporting system and reconciliation back to the SAP ERP system.
- Financial Control, Compliance & Management
- Oversight of annual internal and external audits
- Support with the preparation of all tax reporting and filings
- Assistance in areas of risk management and compliance.
- Management of the internal control environment to ensure it is in line with Head Office guidelines and best practice.
- Detailed focused qualified accountant with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a finance & accounting team.
- Proven experience in managing large finance teams
- Extensive experience in day to day finance processes management
- Shared services background desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and presentation skills,
- Experience in the Energy or Retail industries desirable,
- Experience of SAP an advantage,
- Able to lead process improvement initiatives
- Ability to work across different cultures.
- Demonstrates a desire to grow and undertake additional responsibility.
- Highly organised and ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Willingness to travel on regular basis.