European Pricing Manager
- Job Ref: 5112
- Location: Drogheha, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Title: European Pricing Manager
Location: Drogheda, Co Louth
Reporting to: Operations Director
Principal Objective of Position:
Our client, a division of a Group listed on the London Stock Exchange, manages and supports a large European network of more than 1100 retail unmanned and full-service fuel filling stations
This role will be responsible for the management and execution of the fuel pricing strategy and operations across 800 service stations on a 24/7 basis. Leadership & management of high performing pricing team.
Retail Fuel Pricing Strategy
- In conjunction with senior management and stakeholders challenge and refine the fuel pricing strategy to keep adapting to changing market conditions.
- Keep up to date on the key macro drivers in each country that might impact the pricing strategy.
- Implementation of the agreed pricing strategies with measurement of impact.
Fuel Pricing Team Leadership
- Lead manage & develop a high performing pricing team.
- Performance management conversations in line with internal policies.
- Management of over 1 million pump price changes in over 800 petrol service stations located in multiple European countries on a 24/7 basis.
- Daily and monthly reporting of pricing operation KPI’s to the business.
- Timely resolution of any operational issues.
- Reporting of daily, weekly and monthly fuel margin and volume performance across all sites.
- Management of pricing software vendor to contracted SLA’s
- Delivery of pricing system upgrades
- Development of system improvements in conjunction with the pricing software vendor that will improve the implementation of our pricing strategies.
- Responsible for managing the ongoing running costs of the pricing system with in the agreed contract rates.
- Analysis of volume and margin performance on a daily, weekly & monthly basis to budget and to prior year.
- Identifying opportunities to improve volume and margin performance, finding data to support the opportunity and presenting it to the business.
- Support the Operations Director on ad hoc projects as and when required.
- Project manage the implementation of the selected centralised fuel pricing system when required into new markets within budget and timeframes.
- Good attention to detail, with an ability and willingness to work in the detail and take a hands-on approach.
- Able to lead process improvement initiatives.
- Positive, can-do attitude and Highly organized.
- Possesses strong financial and commercial acumen.
- Ability to build strong business relationships both internal and external.
- Can adapt to shifting market demands
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
Education & Experience:
- Graduate educated within one of the following disciplines,
- Business, finance, economics, marketing, statistics, data or IT
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a corporate environment.
- Project management experience
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft products.
- People management experience
- Strong analytical & data skills