ECC Systems Engineer
- Job Ref: 6721
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
The successful candidate will work within the Enterprise Command Center (ECC) team. He or she will work on resolving infrastructure issues and fulfilling service requests across the following platforms: Compute (Unix, and Windows), Monitoring, Database, Storage, and Networking while also managing infrastructure and trading outages that can potentially impact the business. The candidate should have a good understanding of IT Infrastructure with previous relevant experience. Excellent communication skills and work schedule flexibility are required. Mobility to other teams within infrastructure is possible based on skills and knowledge developed within the role.
- Eyes on glass – continuous monitoring of our technology estate to either anticipate or identify technology issues
- Infrastructure Monitoring and Operations
- Remediate issues with Millennium’s IT infrastructure estate and fulfill operational requests
- Collaborate with local and global teams to continuously share knowledge of the health of the production environment
- Infrastructure and Trading Incident Management
- Lead support teams to address and resolve incidents
- Coordinate responses to outages, communicate to stakeholders, and manage incident bridges / calls
- Ensure all incidents are accurately documented within our ITSM toolsets
- Documentation of Processes
- Write and maintain detailed runbooks with specifications for alert escalation and other processes
- Continuous process improvement while increasing service quality
- Candidates must have a of College Degree in an IT discipline
- Experience in running incidents / situations / crisis events in a complex environment
- Basic network experience required, knowledge of routing protocols
- Basic Compute (Linux and Windows) operational experience
- Cisco CCNA or Linux and/or Windows Operating Systems certifications is a plus
- Storage experience is a plus
- Knowledge of monitoring tools is a plus
- Quick learner, Detail oriented; Demonstrable thoroughness and strong ownership of work.
- Good team player with a strong willingness to participate and help others.
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; High sense of urgency with ability to adapt to new responsibilities
- Strong communication skills.
- Experienced on interacting with a demanding customer
- Experience working in an IT Operations Command Center or Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Holiday rotation coverage required
- Occasional weekend coverage required