- Job Ref: 4013
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Overview of the role:
We are looking to introduce Docker in our tech stack starting with our multiple development environments. At the same time we are migrating our complete infrastructure to AWS.
- Selenium WebDriver (Java), TestNG, UNIX/Linux scripting, Web Services test frameworks (UniREST), FitNesse, DBFit, XML, JSON and SQL
What’s in it for you?
Most Docker roles focus on maintenance or enhancement of a pre-existing stack, limiting the room to change or improve.
Our role is totally different.
This a strategically significant project for us. This role is a brilliant opportunity to be deeply involved in a Greenfield Docker adoption project, from the very beginning.
You will leverage your deep Docker expertise to guide and shape the technical direction of the new project. You’ll be involved in all aspects, from helping us define and implement Docker best practices, to evaluating different approaches, to hands in implementation, and planning continuous improvements.
If you want true technical influence, lots of cutting edge technology, super tech savvy colleagues, this is the job for you.
Here's just some of what you will be doing;
- Work in our DevOps team, being involved in all phases of the Docker adoption including analysis of current situation and ways to implement, establishing best practice and implementation guidelines.
- Analyze current architecture and make architectural changes as needed.
- Interact with our Architecture, Development, DBA and Infrastructure teams to help us define interoperability across systems and processes.
- Work with a cross functional agile deployment team to implement our migration plan.
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of our systems, after go live.
What you will need to have;
- Excellent experience in working with Docker.
- You will be someone that’s applied software dev practices to infrastructure deployment.
- Experience migrating from traditional stack to a container stack.
- Experience setting up Docker stack including automating the deployment of Docker containers, architecting a layered structure that can be reused etc.
- Experience using configuration management tools inside containers.
- Experience setting up Docker container building pipelines.