Director, Digital Technology - EMEA
- Job Ref: 5384
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Director, Digital Technology for EMEA
Our client, who are a part of a world leading property-casualty and general insurance organisation with a 90-year history, serving more than 40 million insurance clients in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. They provide insurance for more than half of the country's top 100 companies as well as many public and private sector organisations and tens of thousands of individuals. Our client offers an extensive range of products and services, including car, property, travel, health and identity theft insurance products, deep insurance claims expertise and excellent financial strength.
For this role you will be responsible for creating and managing a Digital Technology delivery practice and platforms that will enable our client to realize business value faster by allowing testing of new product ideas quickly, delivering a modern, cohesive digital customer experience across all user groups and multiple touchpoints. You will set the strategic direction for the evolution of web, mobile, and desktop, applications in the General Insurance space. You will also be responsible for budgeting/expense management for the digital delivery team, for achieving strategic organizational goals and for forecasting and reporting on areas managed.
You will be able to communicate clearly with involved parties to ensure that the low-level systems design, business requirements and the architecture of solutions are well understood. You will also be equally comfortable in clearly communicating the portfolio level updates including identified risks at a higher level to stakeholders and executives. You will build, manage, motivate and grow an internal talent pool of leaders, managers and engineers while providing vision and setting direction for the overall team. You will be part of a Global Digital team and will foster a customer experience driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability and security of the digital platforms.
· Technical leadership, execution and digital technology delivery for EMEA
· Helps bridge the gap between Product team, UX Design team and Architecture/Detail Design
· Provides coaching and leadership in digital best practices, automated test strategies and work towards building developer efficiencies, reducing the cost of delivery
· Build digital capability and delivery model that will ensure rapid development ensuring reusability across various channels and systems
· Standardize technology and design to improve consistency and reusability, dramatically improving cost and quality of delivery
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
· 8+ years of progressive experience in relevant technology and management
· Experience delivering technical solutions for enterprise platform as well as consumer facing platforms
· Knowledge of Digital Marketing Tools, specifically Adobe products
· Experienced in developing a long-term strategy for technology platforms that translate into an achievable roadmap
· Experienced building and managing teams that designs and delivers scalable, extensible digital frameworks.
· Experience in heuristic evaluation of vendor tools and technologies in context of our client's technology strategy
· Experience with open source technologies, cloud technology and architecture, object-oriented design, server less architecture, overall systems development life cycle and agile development methodologies
· Experience with Angular JS
· Proven ability to interact with Product Management/Engineering teams and partner closely with other cross-functional stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
· Well versed with Agile practices
· Experience with API development
· Strong knowledge of Cloud, DevOps, UI/UX, Security, REST, Web Services, API Management Gateways