At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we’re a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Due to ongoing success in winning new and interesting projects in Ireland and Internationally, fantastic opportunities have arisen for career focused digital services consultants to join one of the largest engineering consultancies in Ireland. Arup offers very attractive career prospects working on some of the most prestigious projects with a remuneration package commensurate with the role. A comprehensive and structured training and development program is in place and this is supported by a strong and active international skills network. Candidates with all ranges of experience are encouraged to apply. The following is a brief description of the experience and expertise that the ideal candidates should possess:
Intelligent Mobility Consultant
Intelligent Mobility Consultant with experience in one or more of the following: Intelligent Transport Systems, Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, Smart Lighting, Urban Traffic Control Systems, Traffic Signals, Smart Motorways, Traffic Control Centres, Low Emission Vehicles, Electromobility, Mobility as a Service, and Incident Management.
Key skills required:
• Minimum 3 years of experience in one or more of the above areas of activity.
• A third level qualification in the field of engineering, electronic, computer and/or IT Systems is desirable but not essential for some roles.
• A relevant Masters qualification is desirable but not essential. Additional professional qualifications or accreditations with reputed institutions are desirable.
• Prior experience working in a Consultancy environment is desirable.
• Some roles require a proven ability to successfully manage projects to a high degree of quality.
• Experience in one or all of planning, design, procurement or operations essential.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills are essential.
• Multi-Lingual written and verbal skills a distinct advantage.
• Willingness to travel on assignment or for business development purposes.
• Ability to work alone with minimal supervision or in large multi-disciplinary teams.
• Systems integration knowledge and experience a positive.
At Arup you'll find a community of talented people, who know their best work is always ahead of them. Our independent mindedness began with our founder, the engineer and philosopher Ove Arup.
Today our independence is expressed in our willingness to move beyond the tried and tested. It's how we shape a better world.