- Job Ref: 1800
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Management of all internal IT environments, from platform infrastructure and automated application deployment, to internal PCs and networking equipment. Working with developers to maintain and expand current software delivery pipeline.
- Maintain hardware, keeping systems running with minimal outages.
- Lead the migration of systems to Amazon Web Services and AWS OpsWorks
- Manage security of network and systems, and maintain PCI-DSS Level 1 compliance.
- Work closely with developers to maintain and expand current software delivery pipeline, including automated deployment systems.
- Configure VPNs between client and customers for secure data transactions.
- Handle provisioning of environments; hardware and virtual machines.
- Run vulnerability scans monthly and act on any vulnerabilities.
- Apply patches on Windows systems after testing on non-critical systems.
- Upgrade system software on network equipment (e.g. firewalls, NAS drives).
- Upgrade application software including Kaspersky server/client security, Splunk server/clients.
- Monitor network activity and act on any peculiarities.
- Prepare PCs, IP phones, applications for internal users.
- Create backup solutions for systems.
- Provide IT support for staff, and keep staff informed of any outages.
- Use Google Apps to manage internal email.
- Look for new opportunities to improve existing processes and increase collaboration with developers.
Key candidate skills/attributes
- Security Management. Preferably Kaspersky, Splunk administration or similar.
- Experience managing and moving infrastructure to a public cloud service (AWS, Azure, etc)
- A sound understanding of networking principles.
- Experience with firewall administration. (Preferably SonicWall.)
- VPN configuration, troubleshooting.
- PowerShell scripting (experience with Octopus Deploy or other deployment automation tools a bonus).
- Automated configuration management – “Infrastructure as code” experience, preferably through Chef.
- Good communication skills. Ability to work alongside devs to diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
- Experience with monitoring software. (Preferably Nessus.)
- Windows Server Admin. AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS (HTTPS, SMTP).
- Virtual servers. Preferably Hyper-V administration.
- Hard Disk maintenance, specifically working with RAID configurations.
- Remote connectivity. Windows RRAS, Hamachi, RDP, VPN client.
- VoIP / SIP phones.
- Email administration. Google Apps.
- Good internal IT Support. PC setup.
- Time management. Willingness to work outside of office hours.
- Good Technical writing for documentation.
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of tasks.
- Experience working with .Net application provisioning / programming / deployment a bonus.