- Job Ref: 4573
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Type: Permanent
DevOps Engineer - API Management
What you’ll do
As a DevOps API Management Engineer, you will be operating and evolving a high volume web services platform.
- Armed with a cloud mentality, you will use on-demand deployment, horizontal scaling, self-healing, and automation techniques to meet cost, performance & availability targets;
- With end-to-end ownership and “can do” mentality you will be responsible for the entire system, whether scripting, automation, stress/load testing, on-call, documentation, spike/poc/research or root cause analysis.
What you’ll need
- Extensive Linux System administration and engineering experience;
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum) environment;
- General Networking skills required (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, etc.);
- You have experience with the Compute features of the Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services clouds;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills;
- Experience using Git;
- Familiar with provisioning tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Packer, Terraform;
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python);
- Hands-on mentality with a demonstrated talent for solving problems proactively;
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors, and partners, across all levels of the organization (English);
- A positive and open approach, we want you to have a voice and bring in new ideas and solutions;
- Fast learner, flexible, can independently work and make good decisions, team player, and adaptable to change.
What’s nice to have
- Exposure to PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Apache Qpid, Nginx;
- Nice to have: experience with highly available, high volume web services.
Meet your team
Is LNS (Location and Navigation Services). Part of our Location Technology Products technical unit, the LNS product unit develops our Maps APIs for Search, Traffic, and map visualization, as well as our Maps SDK for iOS, Android and Web. These products are integrated into other products, and used by Automotive and Enterprise to provide businesses big and small with the technologies they need to build next-generation location experiences.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – it’s how we make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple because life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.