- Job Ref: 3367
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
- Integrating OpenShift with the customer’s application development tools and software lifecycle processes.
- Containerising existing applications; breaking monolithic applications into smaller components that will be containerised.
- Adapting applications to integrate with and take advantage of Kubernetes/OpenShift features (e.g. ConfigMaps, Secrets, healthchecks, autoscaling, etc.)
- Designing new build and test pipelines for applications in OpenShift and/or integrating with existing build and test pipelines.
- Advising customers on design and policy decisions surrounding other ongoing technology migrations (e.g. SVN to Git).
Skills and Technology Requirements:
- Hands-on experience with Red Hat OpenShift (preferably V3.x).
- Strong knowledge of container and container orchestration technologies, including Kubernetes, Docker, Rkt, Atomic, etc.
- Experience migrating applications to containerised platforms (preferably OpenShift)
- Hands-on Linux experience, preferably with RedHat Enterprise Linux, and with solid knowledge of Linux networking (addressing, routing, etc.).
- Scripting skills, including Bash, Python and Ruby.
- Experience with git hosting solutions (e.g. GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, Stash, etc.) and jenkins pipelines.
- Working knowledge of cloud architectures, e.g. OpenStack, AWS, etc
- Automation techniques and DevOps processes.
- Java – Springboot, JBOSS, Maven, etc. is an advantage.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools, services, and modern configuration management solutions (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack) is a plus
- Comfortable with clustered RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Virtualisation, e.g. VMware, KVM, oVirt, etc.
- Have a track record of working collaboratively with clients; building strong relationships with customer representatives and earning their trust and confidence.
- Experience in application development and/or infrastructure deployment projects.
- Have a strong DevOps background and knowledge of software development methodologies, process and tools used in DevOps environments.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment; agile experience is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience of working on client projects and/or on client sites.
- Contributing to project documentation.
- Mentoring and sharing knowledge with customers.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Solid attention to detail with good English communication and writing skills.