- Job Ref: 5152
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
We are looking for a DevOps AWS Engineer to create scalable, highly reliable and available software systems and who have a real passion for automation and the desire to work in an agile environment as well as familiarity with running production environments at scale. You will be joining at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers and our engineering team. We are building a team of people passionate about increasing automation, building reliable tools and repeatable processes and advancing a culture of reliability.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- More than two years’ experience running production workloads in AWS.
- Strong scripting language experience (bash, Ruby, Python).
- Have a passion for automation.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration.
- Proven experience supporting internet-facing production services and distributed systems.
- Experience with DevOps concepts including Continuous Delivery, Infrastructure as Code, and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with build automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible.).
- Experience supporting high availability internet application environments that include web, application and database servers and load balancing systems.
- Experience with data management technology including Relational Databases (RDBMS) and NoSQL.
- Ability to work independently / deliver without supervision.
- Ability to work well in a distributed team.
- Strong intrapersonal skills with the ability to work well with other team members, customers.
- Systematic problem-solving approach and a sense of ownership, customer service and drive.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Professional and open-minded attitude.
- Fluent English written and spoken.
- Strong knowledge of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem and other core AWS technologies.
- Experience implementing DevOps practices.
- Experience of Log Analysis tools (e.g. ELK, Splunk etc).