Desktop Support Engineer
- Job Ref: 4624
- Location: Maynooth, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Reporting directly to the Team Lead, the role holder will work as part of an overall Service Desk & Deskside Support team to ensure that all issues and requests submitted to the centralised IT Service Desk and assigned to your queue are dealt with promptly, appropriately and courteously. In addition, that any and all IT operational tasks or requests that are assigned to you are carried out professionally and diligently.
The role will also require awareness and compliance with established SLA's and will also require the role holder to conform to all Information and Cyber Security policies and procedures that are in place.
Lastly, from time to time this role will also require the role holder to carry out project-led activities and support requests, and provide support to other sites if required
· Preferably MCSA or MCP Windows Desktop qualified or 3 years previous experience in a Desktop / Deskside support role
· Prior experience of working within a Financial Services organisation would be an advantage
· Ability to prioritise based on SLA hierarchy is essential
· Attention to detail is a key requirement of the job
· Quick learner and ability to work within a team structure
· Problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task are also important core skills
· Good written and oral communications skills and the ability to work calmly while under pressure are essential skills for this job