Desktop Specialist (Contract- Dublin)
- Job Ref: 4584
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
Desktop Specialist - Job Description
- Fulfil Customer Service role and operate ICT service desk.
- Diagnose desktop problems and follow up to ensure their resolution.
- Respond to queries and follow up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved.
- Provide excellent end user experience, which includes resolving potential or actual technical issues.
- Install and configure end user desktops.
- Configure computer systems according to IAA company policies. Must follow strict privacy regulations in regard to handling of sensitive company data.
Job Requirements for a Desktop Specialist
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer focused skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Must be passionate about progressing his/her career in a technology area.
- Ability to take on new tasks and learn new technologies in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of various Microsoft applications and technologies.
- Knowledge of MS Office product functionality including Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- Good working knowledge of Outlook and IE11
- Knowledge of desktop, laptop and tablet build and maintenance
- Knowledge of desktop, laptop and tablet support, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Knowledge of desktop peripherals support, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Keep abreast of current developments and trends in the above areas of expertise
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Active Directory operation
- Knowledge of Windows OS
- Experience of ICT Service desk operation
- Experience of frontline customer support
- Experience of remote desktop services
The initial duration of this mini-contract is 30 working days from 15th April 2019 to 24th May 2019 inclusive.