Datacentre Technician - New York
- Job Ref: 2502
- Location: New York, United States
- Type: Permanent
My Client, a global leader in financial technology managed services and IT infrastructure products, is looking for Datacentre Technician to join their team in New York. As part of global team, you will be afforded the opportunity to travel the world whilst working and learning from experts in New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Belfast. Working for my Client will give you first hand access to world class technologists, leading-edge financial technology, exciting new applications and bespoke software products.
For this role we are looking for a skilled professional to support many areas of company’s Datacentre Operations. This includes maintaining continuous operation of equipment, troubleshooting equipment failures, configuring new equipment and monitoring the operations to ensure that proper performance levels are sustained.
What responsibilities will I have?
- Perform physical maintenance tasks on the company’s platform.
- Install customer equipment; servers and network switches.
- Preform install tests and ensure proper cable management of new connections between devices; copper and fibre optics.
- Maintain efficient queue management, determining work priorities from the daily queue and ensure adherence to all commit times.
- Test/Troubleshoot, assisting remote engineering teams with troubleshooting tasks.
- Effective site management ensuring deliveries are reported and processed and work areas are tidy.
- Escort and supervise third party engineers in the DC.
- Document and report maintaining detailed records of all work activity.
- Contribute to cultivate and improve internal knowledge base.
- Support the fulfilment of projects with direction from senior staff.
- Complete all assigned training in a timely manner.
- Provide training and workshops to new staff, including any remote workers.
- Maintain customer satisfaction through timely and precise updates until work completion.
What skills and qualifications I need to get this job?
- Knowledge of Datacentre environments and computer architecture.
- Familiarity with network protocols such as TCP/ IP.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Unix at a basic level.
- Experience in Customer Service, Operation Centres or Datacentres.
- Previous ISP or Telco Background.
- Experience of Cat5e / Cat6a / Fibre Cabling techniques (Installation, Termination & Testing).
- Willingness to work a shift rota that includes day, night and occasional weekend shifts.
- Must have driving licence and access to a car.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in United States of America.