- Job Ref: 5014
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent work experience.
• Has experience in database administration, development and support in database environments, primarily in Microsoft SQL Server including Performance Tuning, Query Optimization using monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience in SQL Server is essential but experience in one or more of the following would be advantageous: MySQL, Sybase, Oracle, Couchbase (or other NoSQL DBs)
• Experience working in both OLTP and OLAP environments would also be advantageous
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
• Knowledge of High Availability technologies • Experience in implementing operational automation.
• SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
• Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc )
• Ability to use scripting tools
• Fluent in English