- Job Ref: 3522
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
OverviewI am looking for an experienced Database Administrator for a 12 months contract for my client based beautiful midlands Ireland.
Your Key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Monitor all Live databases
- Releasing and installing new applications and patches
- Check and analyse data with respect to efficiency and performance
- General troubleshooting and provide consultation to business users and development team.
- Communication regularly with Windows, Networks and Operational staff to ensure database integrity, stability and security
- Monitoring user access and security
- Controlling access permissions and privileges
- Monitoring and managing backup and recovery plans
- Installing and testing new versions of Oracle
- Design and managing of Database consolidation, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery infrastructure
- Capacity Planning
- Create technical and architectural documentation
It is desirable to have the following background:
- Oracle DB Server Versions 9 - 12: installation, support, administration, capacity planning and troubleshooting and Oracle Enterprise Manager and Oracle Forms 8i and ODP.Net/Oracle Managed Client
- Oracle PL/SQL and Oracle Pro*C and MS SQL Server 2016 Cluster: installation, support, administration, capacity planning and troubleshooting and IBM Cognos ReportNet (
- Windows Server 2003 – 2016 and AIX shell scripting and AIX Administration, SAN HBA connectivity and HPUX 11.31 Administration and shell scripting and VI for UNIX and TOAD for Oracle 9.6 – 12.2
- SQL Developer and RMAN and Filezilla and Xming
- Putty and Psftp and ETL/Data Replication. (LEI, Oracle Streams, Materialized Views, custom replication methods) and Previous experience of working in a secure environment
*Only applicants eligible to work in Ireland are considered for this role.