Data Warehouse and BI Engineer - 6 months rolling cotract
- Job Ref: 4445
- Location: Dublin, United States
- Type: Contract
Data Warehouse and BI Engineer
I am looking to have a self-starting, creative and innovative engineer. Based in the Dublin office, the individual will be part of a team responsible for maintaining and developing existing and new in-house projects to support the business needs of different teams. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in an open, dynamic environment and collaborate closely with business users at all levels and have a key role in developing the next generation of data systems and structures.
Including but are not limited to:
- Development and maintenance of tools and applications in appropriate technologies to best serve the business.
- Development of SQL databases enhancements
- Development of SQL Server Reporting Services reports
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing SSIS ETL and SSAS cubes
- Ensuring stability, integrity, accuracy, timeliness and usability of existing data resources.
- Collaboration with all stakeholders in establishing, refining, and documenting database and other functional requirements.
- Supporting the applications through their lifecycle of testing, deployment, operation, user training, maintenance, and enhancement.
- Using specialist knowledge to inform the team’s technical decisions
- Contributing to the review, selection, and adoption of proprietary and third party solutions.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant company standards and guidelines.
- Contributing to the technological and methodological direction of software within the investments team and the company as a whole
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Microsoft certification an advantage.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience reports\cubes\datasets in a MS SQL Server, including knowledge of the suite of Microsoft tools supporting MS SQL Server including SSRS, SSAS & SSIS.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 database design/development experience (T-SQL)
- ETL skills through T-SQL (including dynamic SQL) and/or SSIS
- SSAS knowledge
- Proven knowledge and understanding of good database administration principles.
- Scripting and automation experience a distinct advantage
- Excellent analytic, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid documentation skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for a flexible individual who is a self starter with the ability to be productive under pressure. This is a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment which requires an individual with an energetic and enthusiastic approach, along with maturity, self confidence and self motivation.