Data Scientist - Economist
- Job Ref: 5422
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
Job description/Role Responsibility:
- Interfaces directly with the management team to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, cash flow, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Support the implementation of best in class architecture, with a strong focus on data management and governance, to support productivity, automation, quality and efficiency.
- Build highly scalable data processing pipeline for various Real Time Streaming Applications
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Leads project delivery resources/team providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure management team approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience with proficiency as a R or Python developer
- M.Sc., Ph.D., or work experience in economics, econometrics or real estate economics
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and collaboration skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Conducts intermediate financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports..
- Ability to write reusable code using best practices (unit tests, commentary etc) independently
- Ability to work closely with our client's internal teams.
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have’s
- Python development experience in a high growth fintech environment
- Eagerness to tackle big problems that have unknown solutions at the outset
- Passionate about solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Strong track record of academic or professional achievement