- Job Ref: 4974
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Contract
The company is looking for data scientists to join our fast growing digital data & analytics team based in Madrid where you will have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Data, Sport and Media. We are a young, dynamic, informal and multicultural team of specialists from 6 countries with a range of skills from data, statistics, and engineering to business and communications. Amongst the data scientists in our team we have a 50:50 male:female ratio, and we highly value diversity of background and perspective. We work in close collaboration with colleagues who are experts in areas such as editorial, marketing, commercial, product and technical delivery. Our working language is English.
You contribute to our work by developing data-driven and actionable takeaways. Insights may be one-off, result in an automated dashboard, or be deployed in a production model for automated decisioning about how we engage our audience. We work across the full digital ecosystem of apps, websites, TV, social and other platforms. Potential projects include personalisation, mobile notifications, A/B testing, applied machine learning
Your work will also feed into our data infrastructure decisions, our contribution to data compliance, resilience and security, and reports for top management.
We’re always learning. You will have both the opportunity and the responsibility to continually grow your knowledge and skills, and to help the team and the wider channel continue to learn about how to make the most of data in a continuously evolving field.
– Exploratory data analysis using R
– Experience of defining a business problem and using data and analytics to answer questions
– Written and verbal communication skills around explaining data driven insights to non-data specialists
– Experience of common machine learning prediction and classification techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees and clustering algorithms
It is also beneficial, but not required, to have experience of:
– Experimental design, in any field, including the process of framing a problem, formulating and testing hypotheses
– Evaluation and iteration of prediction models
– Formulating queries in SQL, ideally including complex joins and subqueries
– Python programming skills
Please, feel free to reach me out for more details: [email protected]