Data Science Manager
- Job Ref: 4034
- Location: Cluj, Romania
- Type: Permanent
OverviewMy client, a leader in the online retail market is looking now for a Data Science Manager to join their team and to work on some interesting projects in their office in Cluj.
This role manages a selection of projects to optimize marketing activities, personalize my clients products and increase automation. Improvement will be delivered using Statistical methods and Machine Learning.
This role will coordinate with a wide variety of teams, leveraging varied skills, experiences and toolsets.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Building Predictive Models and Segmentations
Your team will be responsible for building classifiers, regressors, clusters, Bayesian models and recommendation systems. You will manage these projects, co-ordinating a talented team of data scientists and a wide group of business stakeholders.
- Managing Datasets & Scheduled Jobs
Our models rely upon overlapping input data. This needs to be managed efficiently. You will be responsible for scheduled jobs that maintain this data and execute algorithms for a trial period. You will liaise directly with Data Architecture teams to ensure that our practices are always improving, to ensure consistency between batch jobs and live execution and to migrate work into a production environment as appropriate.
- Working with Business Stakeholders and Managing Priorities
A key aspect of this role will be capturing the demand for predictive analytics within the organisation and prioritizing our work. This will require close collaboration with business stakeholders, internal end-users, and tech delivery teams.
It is important that you have:
- 2+ years line management experience
- 2+ years experience managing advanced analytical projects using R and/or Python
- Degree in a scientific discipline: Maths, Computer Science, Physics
- Advanced SQL
- A keen interest in Data Science and the methods/practices used in online businesses
- Excellent communication skills, and experience explaining technical projects to senior, non-technical audiences
And will be desirable that you have:
- Several years’ experience in both Python and R programming
- Experience with at least one DNN framework: TensorFlow, MXNet, Theano etc.
- Experience using AWS and GCP products, especially Sagemaker and Cloud ML
- Experience handling data streams to create live ML predictions
- PhD in a relevant discipline
- Experience working in online retail or gaming
If this is of interest to you please do not hesitate to get in touch and will be happy to give you more details about my client and this project.