- Development and implementation of the Data Protection Framework and annual Data Protection Plan to support adherence to the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Delivery of the annual data protection monitoring programme including conducting privacy impact assessments and control testing.
- Identify and assess the company’s data processing activities.
- Provide practical, accurate and timely advice to the business on appropriateness and effectiveness of data protection controls, application of rules, policies and procedures.
- Participate on new business initiatives, ensuring that relevant GDPR considerations and resulting risks, are part of all strategic planning discussions, and decisions.
- Identification of new and emerging data protection legislation and risks, ensuring business awareness of requirements and assist in developing implementation plans.
- Co-ordinate the implementation, review and amendment of data protection policies / procedures.
- Coordinate the compliance reporting to senior management including reporting to the Executive Committee, Board Risk Committee and Board to ensure all stakeholders are up to date and aware of key compliance issues.
- Act as contact point and co-operate with the Irish Data Protection Commissioner and other EU Privacy Authorities.
- Act as point of contact for data subjects when exercising their individual data rights.
- Oversee the data incident response and data breach notification procedures.
- Leadership of data protection projects, as required.
- Promote a positive data protection culture and awareness through the development and roll out of appropriate and tailored communication training for staff and third-party providers.
- Champion and promote a positive customer culture in all engagements.
Compliance Manager Responsibilities
- Development and implementation of the Compliance Framework and annual Compliance Plan to support adherence to Irish regulatory requirements.
- Delivery of the annual compliance monitoring programme in respect of assigned oversight programs such Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Fitness & Probity and Corporate Governance.
- Provide an independent evaluation of, and opinion on, processes, systems and controls to manage compliance risks, providing recommendations to address areas of vulnerability with follow-up to ensure timely resolution.
- Identification of new and emerging compliance legislation and risks, ensuring business awareness of requirements and assist in developing implementation plans.
- Co-ordinate the implementation, review and amendment of compliance policies / procedures.