- Job Ref: 4635
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
In this role you will have the opportunity to be working in the construction of a cutting-edge Big Data. A wonderful and exciting challenge.
You will integrate into an experienced agile team (using Scrum plus other agile frameworks) that is building our Data Lake from the ground up in the cloud. You would also develop the integration of different data sources covering the whole ecosystem of Big Data technologies (Spark, EMR, Kinesis, S3, Parquet, Aurora, Glue, Lamdba, Athena).
We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links.
What you will be responsible for:
- Working on the software development of our Data Lake, closely together in a team of Data Architects, Data Engineers and Data Scientists in an agile environment.
- Developing code, scripts and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data integration from multiple sources to the data lake including streaming technologies.
- Work with cross-functional data and products teams and build efficient and scalable data solutions
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally we offer competitive benefits such as;
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
- Medical insurance with a dental plan
- Flexible working hours
- Training budget for external training and conferences
- Language courses and Safari Digital Library
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in Zooplus shop and other discounts in local shops
What we are looking for:
To work together in an optimal way in this position, we wish your qualifications to include
- BS/M. Tech in Computer Science or related field
- Highly proficient in Apache Spark with Scala
- Solid software development skills
- Expertise in data engineering and DWH/ETL best practices (experience building a Data Lake is a plus)
- Experience working with data technologies in Amazon Web Services (EMR, Kinesis, S3, Aurora, Glue, Lamdba, Athena).
- Comfortable with the idea of cross-functional teams
- Fluent English