- Job Ref: 4683
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
You will lead medium term engagements at the client location focusing on getting the products up and running, conducting architecture and use case reviews, sizing & tuning Couchbase and recommending deployment topologies. This team solves real world problems, using brand new technology which bundles indexing, key value access, nickel, N1QL and full text search.
- Help our customers succeed by solving their challenging technical problems, all the way from design through to production operations. This means working together on hands-on customer issues, and escalating problems as needed.
- Support all phases of Couchbase implementations, starting with architecture design and review, deployment topology planning, tuning and providing best practices.
- Contribute to internal technical projects, which can include software development, benchmarking, troubleshooting.
- Assist with customer PoC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution.
- Be the technical product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on the NoSQL competitive landscape.
- Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, like typical deployment architectures or best practices.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely from small to large audience
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities
BS in Computer Science, Engineering or commensurate experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- At least 5+ years experience in consulting for enterprise back-end software, ideally database technologies
- 3+ years experience with traditional RDBMS including schema modeling, performance tuning and configuration
- Strong background Application design and development, Systems administration, Database administration, Data architecture and design, Performance tuning and benchmarking
- Experience engaging with developers and programming experience in Java
- Hands-on administration and troubleshooting experience with x86 operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS), networking and storage architectures
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases or other distributed high-performance systems a big plus
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting real, end-to-end technical issues
- Design NoSQL data models to achieve strong data consistency despite lack of ACID transactions
- Design and enhance highly scalable, high performance and fault tolerant architectures across all tiers of the software and develop modules based on the architecture