data and Enterprise Solutions Architect - Leading Global Consultancy
- Job Ref: 3944
- Location: Liverpool, Ireland
- Type: Opportunity
ABOUT THE COMPANY
I'm working with a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,000 professionals located in most major business centres in the world, we work closely with clients every day to anticipate, illuminate, and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring.
Our workforce includes numerous PhDs, MBAs, CPAs, CFEs, JDs, and technologists with expertise across a broad range of industries including automotive, chemicals, construction solutions, communications, media and entertainment, electricity, financial services, insurance, retail, healthcare, energy, real estate and life sciences. Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialized expertise.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and helping shape its future, read on.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing large scale technical programmes such as Data Management programmes, System implementations and integrations, Database solutions and Data Architecture solutions.
- Gathering of programme requirements - business and technical.
- Defining programme scope and solutions.
- Preparing project management and execution plans and scheduling implementation.
- Estimating resources, costs and benefits and securing client agreement and support.
- Managing stakeholders and securing project approvals.
- Managing large teams/Matrix project teams to successfully deliver the project, often comprising a combination of full and part time team members from client to successfully deliver the programme.
- Scheduling project delivery to optimise programme value and efficiency.
- Monitoring and controlling implementation.
- Managing and mitigating project risks, issues and dependencies.
- Preparing all project documentation in accordance with project management methodology including project initiation, project plan, business case and project closure documents.
- Managing the programme within the agreed budget and report monthly on performance.
- Managing all project changes through the defined Change Control Process.
- Meeting clients, undertaking business development activities, and leading proposals.
- Exploiting Industry best practices and your experience to create business solutions for our clients.
- Coordinating the development of new products and service offerings for our client base.
- Performance, career management and expert training of junior team members.
- At least ten (10) years' experience working in a project or consultancy environment with at least five (5) years' experience in leading programmes.
- At least five years' experience with a top tier consulting firm
- Primary degree in relevant/related discipline (2.1 Honours minimum).
- Extensive experience of operating within a project/programme management life cycle methodology with associated processes and governance.
- Project management certification (Prince, PMP, etc.).
- Extensive experience of managing multiple projects within a portfolio management environment.
- Experience of leading matrixed project teams, where strong influencing and motivational skills are essential.
- Strong application experience/understanding of programme & change management models, methodologies and techniques.
- Systems architecture design.
- Database Development, Design & Administration.
- Systems Analysis & Design - application of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Agile development techniques experience.
- Data Mart/Data Warehouse/Star Schema/Data Cubes design.
- Big Data technologies experience desirable.
- Experience implementing, information governance, Data Quality, Master data management and Meta data management.
- ETL tools, Talend, SSIS, informatica.
- Datawarehousing, SQL Server, Teradata, Postgresql.
- Reporting tools, jaspersoft, tableau, SSIS, microstragegy.
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels and of various disciplines.
- Ability to build relationships internally and with clients.
- Business development experience - eg meeting and presenting to clients, developing proposals, selling follow on work.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, team building and leadership skills.
- Highly proficient in MS suite, including MS Project, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence.
If interested call Derek McCormack or email (see below) to find out more. No CV, no problem! Contact me anyway and give me the heads up' that you are interested.