Data Analytics Lead
- Job Ref: 3398
- Location: Ballina, Ireland
- Type: Contract
OverviewWe are looking for a Data Analytics Lead for my client, global business consulting company for a 6 months contract with possibility of extension in beautiful County Mayo, Ireland.
In this project you will have to provide a focal point for data analysis and information management within the organisation, championing for the use of data in making key business decisions, driving operational activities and improving effectiveness.
Your Main Responsibilities will be:
- Lead the data analytics function and oversees the activities of a small team of database administrators, data analysts, reports writers, etc.
- Understand the organisation’s strategic business objectives and champion the importance of using information/data to achieve these objectives.
- Design and implement a strategy to consolidate numerous data stores, implement data governance, automate reporting and provide self-service facilities reporting needs.
- Assist business set and balance operational and project priorities by analysing and highlighting consequences of certain courses of action/inaction.
- Manage overall analytical needs and opportunities and determine the long-term prioritisation of these.
- Lead the business through all data related efforts that drive business performance and potential by using the existent and new data sources and techniques.
- Promote and facilitate user self-service and create documents for knowledge base, user guides, and other various communications systems.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop relationships to help promote information management and data governance.
And is very important you have the following requirements:
- 5 years+ experience of data analysis, information management and data warehousing.
- Relevant bachelor level degree (e.g. data science, computer science, information technology / systems, statistics, or any other related field) or an equivalent in working experience.
- Experience using Microsoft data and reporting technology stack (or equivalent) to implement data processes and build reports (SQL Server, SSRS, Tableau, analysis services, or any other data visualisation tools).
- Lead the team in strategy development with regard to the collection, manipulation, and analysis of data for various business functions.
- Endeavor to create new data-driven approaches for the purpose of generating business insights through data analytics, information visualisation, and addressing unanswered business issues in a proactive manner.
- Excellent team leading, organisation and prioritisation of daily tasks and projects.
- Strong, effective communication and problem-solving skills and an ability and willingness to quickly adapt to change.
If this is of interest to you please do not hesitate to get in touch for more details.
*Only applicants eligible to work in Ireland are considered for this position.