- Job Ref: 4976
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Contract
The company is looking for Data Analysts to join our fast-growing digital data & analytics team based in Madrid. You will have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Data, Sport and Media.
Our team is responsible for a wide range of data-related activities including:
- Using data to answer critical business questions, such as which content topics we should focus on, or how fans engage with our platforms and content
- Devising metric frameworks for measuring business performance, and automating their production
- Analyzing performance to advise teams on tactical improvements
- Contributing to the strategy development process
- Production models that deliver product features
- Fan data architecture and integrations
We are a young, dynamic, informal and multicultural team of specialists so far from 6 different countries with a range of skills from data, statistics, and engineering to business communications and project management. Amongst the data scientists in our team we have a 50:50 male-female ratio, and we highly value diversity of background and perspective. We work in close collaboration with colleagues who are experts in areas such as editorial, marketing, commercial, product and technical delivery. Our working language is English
- Translating datasets & analysis into actionable and easy-to-understand insights and recommendations
- Become an expert in definitions, data types, and our key metrics, dimensions, and processes
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and work with data that isn't always perfectly formatted
- Perform data visualisations and reports, understanding in detail the Business, preparing the dashboards and visualisation that better help answering the questions.
- Provide guidance, direction, and requirements for our engineering teams to get the best and cleanest data into our systems that you need to solve business problems
- Standardise and contribute to the continuous improvement of our reporting infrastructure, being responsible for bringing forward new ways to better understand our business.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant work experience in a data or analyst related position (1-3 years if we look for juniors)
- A proven background in data and advanced analytics, turning data into analytical outputs and providing actionable insights from data to stakeholders
- Proven experience of using statistics/analytics tools, software and techniques in a business and/or marketing setting
- Demonstrated skills in collecting, aggregating, analysing, interpreting and presenting data
- Experience with managing and querying large datasets using SQL or other languages.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience analysing large data sets in Python/R, a plus.
- A plus if previous experience with ETL pipelines.
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural and multi-skilled team
We gladly welcome candidates that doesn’t have all the requirements listed above to apply to this position.
Workplace and Environment
- Fast paced work environment;
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks;
- Position until the end of 2020