Cyber Security Systems Engineer
- Job Ref: 5746
- Location: Galway, Ireland
- Type: Contract
We are looking for a Cybersecurity Systems Engineer to work in the Data Security team within the Enterprise CyberSecurity (ECS) business unit.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent technology discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years IT experience, preferably in an IT support or engineering function.
- Experience of working in a globally distributed, multi-cultural environment an advantage.
- A cyber security certification such as CISSP an advantage.
- Experience of working with the following an advantage:
- Database Activity Monitoring tools.
- Cloud-based data lake technologies.
As a member of the Data Security team, your role will include:
- Optimizing and supporting existing security tools and capabilities.
- Working with our business partners to assess security gaps.
- Recommending, building and implementing solutions and controls for risk mitigation.
- Strong operating systems knowledge (Windows Servers and Linux).
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing technologies, including AWS and / or Azure.
- Familiarity with ITIL or another IT service management framework.
- Familiarity with supporting database technologies.
- Knowledge of networking, TCP/IP and traffic routing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential as this role involves working with multiple teams across the enterprise.
- Ability to work closely with teammates to solve problems, transfer knowledge, and develop overall product architecture.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a commitment to the highest levels of quality and demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness.
Daily rate contract for 6 months