Commercial Manager (Pharma Company)
- Job Ref: 4766
- Location: Castlebar, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Our Client is a specialist in the promotion of prescription pharmaceutical medicines and quality personal healthcare products to Irish consumers.
We are looking for a Commercial Manager to manage the day to day operational and commercial aspects of the business. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Commercial Manager will have overall responsibility for the brand strategy, sales and marketing functions and all other commercial activities to maximise sales and deliver agreed returns. Key focus is to drive business growth.
- Lead the development and execution of all marketing and sales related activities in order to achieve annual sales, deliver profit targets as agreed and grow market share
- Work collaboratively with current senior personnel to ensure that all sales and marketing activities are conducted with professional diligence, and are results focused
- Maintain full accountability for allocated P&L including the provision of appropriate financial planning processes
- Devise and agree KPIs to measure sales success and provide ongoing, accurate sales forecasts
- Oversee internal training plans and ensure full regulatory and financial compliance is reflected in the marketing and sales strategy, communication and implementation
- Demonstrate inspiring leadership and develop future commercial leaders
- Be responsible for Strategy Implementation / Operational Excellence
- Always maintain professional partnership relationships with key customers
- Assist with major company decision-making regarding future commercial direction
- Provide input to assess new product / commercial opportunities to maximise profit
- Continue company culture to optimise communications and build strong team spirit, with continuous learning and improvements for all
- Provide updates to Management Board at required intervals
- Third level business qualification
- Relevant experience with a proven track record of success in a marketing and sales leadership position within general pharma industry and wider OTC /retail sector
- Ability to develop business vision, translate into actions and deliver results
- Proven track record of successful leadership, management and coaching of teams and individuals, which delivered year on year increase in sales, profits and market share
- Comprehensive knowledge of Irish pharma market/OTC/ general healthcare environment, including online commercial opportunities as well as retail sector
- Proven track record of having established relationships with key appropriate customers and stakeholders to achieve commercial targets
- Can demonstrate record of having achieved extraordinary business results
- Thorough professional in all respects and possessing strong financial and general business acumen
- Positive can-do person who can both combine strategic planning and execution with practical / tactical in-market and team-based delivery and support, and has ambition to deliver positive growth for the business, and achieve objectives of the Board.
The role would be ideal for someone living country Mayo or someone who would like to relocate back home.