- Job Ref: 4301
- Location: Thurles, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Our Client was founded 30 years ago in Co. Tipperary and is a premium wholesaler in a particular industry (medicine related).
The company has grown triple in size with 26% growth in 2018 already and looking to appoint a person to a newly established role – Commercial Manager.
Commercial Manager’s role is to manage the day to day operational and commercial aspects of the business. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Commercial Manager is primarily responsible for the Sales, Service & Software Development departments of the business, you will work as part of the senior management team to deliver relevant KPI’s that will drive business results and shareholder value.
Specific industry experience within human pharmaceutical, medical device, scientific, dental or veterinary is required for the role.
- Attend regular meetings with Directors, Sales, Service and Management Team;
- Recommend and contribute to future business strategy relating specifically to the Sales and Operations areas of the business;
- Prepare and present Commercial, Financial and Operational metrics as required that will demonstrate healthy functioning business and departments, KPI’s;
- Sales – performance against target, growth, margin analysis, etc.
- Operations – stock management, customer service levels, profitability, process improvements, on-time-delivery, stock management, etc.
- Develop and implement business streamlining processes and procedures
- Direct account management for key customers
Utiliseexisting technology platforms to drive effectiveness and continuous improvement behaviour
- Review general operations and introduce change as needed that will drive margin and profitability of the business
- Manage the budget for the departments and issue monthly reports on expenditure, ability to
verbalise reasonsfor variances and necessary corrective actions if required
- Implement and conduct
annual performance appraisalto review employees’ work performance
- Hands on approach and work on different projects
- Work collaboratively with the MD to lead change
programmeswithin the organisation
- Staff coaching
- Setting leadership standards around the culture of the business
rd. levelqualification in Business, Engineering, Management, or other relevant discipline would be advantageous;
- Experience of generating commercial plans that deliver predictable growth in sales and margins;
- Knowledge of ERP systems and how to extract, manipulate and present data;
- Robust PC skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, 3
rdparty service software) is required;
- Experience managing commercial, operational and technical teams of at least 25 people and associated budgets;
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and Lean philosophies and techniques;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and significant experience of developing and maintaining commercial customer relationships and communicating effectively with people at all levels;
- Innovative with experience of effective process and/or systems development;
- Strong team player; flexibility and adaptability in relation to duties and responsibilities are essential in a growing company;
- Full, clean driving
The role would be ideal for someone living East country Tipperary or West County Kilkenny, or someone who would like to relocate back home from those locations.