Chief Product Owner - Commercial
- Job Ref: 2615
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Type: Permanent
Our client is leading global commerce platform providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the specific industry. They have more than 4000 employees globally and looking to expand their proposition to market with new products and solutions.
We are looking for Commercially Driven and Customer Focused Chief Product Owner, who would be responsible for Product from the R&D stage up to launch and global adoption.
Who are we looking for?
If you can drive a change, understand the customer, develop strategies, think commercially and able to manage end to end product development – we are looking to hear from you. Your bread and butter would include owning the product roadmap; making the product release and delivery to market successful including all commercial implications (owning P&L).
We assume you have commercial acumen and are technically savvy. You are passionate about the customer and can translate your vision of the product into reality.
Successful performance will be measured by successful delivery of the product (within milestones agreed); revenue generated, customer satisfaction achieved and effectiveness of the management direct and indirect teams.
What are your responsibilities?
- Conduct a market research to understand new technologies and different competitors in the area. Being customer centric and understanding B2B and B2C implications of the product.
- Defining the product requirements – from understanding the market & customer to R&D.
- Owning the entire product roadmap – from strategic requirements to product delivery.
- Being a champion of the product: understanding all features of the product and communicate with all areas and levels of the company, as well as externally.
- Working with global stakeholders to maximise adoption and performance of the product, responsibility for profit and loss as well as budget spend.
- Oversee and manage team of product managers.
- Represent the product during development and post development stage, working closely with different teams including commercial, user experience, engineering, etc.
- Make sure new releases are successfully delivered to different markets, relevant adjustments are made for any given channel or region.
- Being a thought leader in the market and the industry – being able to define key challenges or opportunities and find solutions for those.
What is important to make the person successful in this position?
- Product Management, Product Marketing Management experience –5-7+ years; overall experience of 12+ years
- Strong commercial acumen and business leadership skills
- Experience working an agile development environment
- Proven ability to manage and influence cross functional global teams
- Preferably experienced working in a global organisation and software company – but not necessarily
- Ability to analyse market trends, understanding customer needs, seeing bigger picture, identify strengths and weaknesses
- Strong relationship building skills and ability working with globally dispersed internal and external stakeholders
- Process oriented but able to be flexible while working and motivating people
- Strong written English
- Ability & willingness to travel when needed
Strong package with a salary of £80-90base, bonus, car allowance and other benefits.
Please reach out to have a conversation in confidence.
Thank you very much for your application.