Business Analyst- Life Assurance
- Job Ref: 2009
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
One of Ireland's Largest Life Assurance Administrators and Investment providers is looking to hire a Business Analyst.
You will be working with cutting-edge technology and you will be in charge of producing recommendation to support internal and external clients.
You will act as the liaison between the business and IT department ensuring requirements are clear.
Reporting to the IT Manager the role will involve:
- Working with Internal and External stakeholders to translate product vision and strategy into clear requirements for delivery by our IT Development and QA testing teams
- Translating Business requirements into documented specifications in a clear, concise and detailed manner using appropriate documents
- Performing detailed system and process analysis for new features and usability options.
- Liaising with our IT development and design committee to facilitate smart reusable solutions.
- Liaising with our QA teams to ensure test plans adequately capture requirement specifications
- Ensure familiarity with risk management programs
- Control, monitor and report on business activities
- Work with customers to identify business needs, set expectations and identify business improvement opportunities
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of client’s products and processes
- Engage in estimation process for both Internal and External pricing for new and existing clients
The ideal candidates will have the following skills and knowledge:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a Computer Science or Information Technology discipline
- Proven experience working in an environment as a Systems/Business Analyst/Software Tester
- Proven ability to manage a set of multi-disciplined Client’s Requirements and CR processes, across different System platforms with various integrated systems
- Proven ability to manage the Requirements process for large projects and Budgets which operate under constant pressure to meet very tight deadlines across a number of Clients and platforms
- Experience in the Finance industry, particularly Life Assurance, and the technologies used to support business lines are essential
- Ability to illicit and elaborate high level business requirements and convert to detailed software functional and non-functional requirements
- Extensive IT Life Assurance experience working with various system interfaces, working at a senior level in the delivery of small to large scale projects
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst working across multiple Clients and platforms
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible approach, with ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to accurately identify expected deliverables from stakeholders
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Excellent Microsoft excel skills
- SQL skills
- Italian speaking (this would be an advantage but is not essential)
Due to the nature of the business and the cross-company nature of the BA role the person appointed must be able to deal with the pressures of constantly changing priorities and tasks. They must be able to self-motivate, be assertive, demonstrate strong leadership ability and understand and accept the almost constant need to achieve moving targets.