- Job Ref: 2103
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Opportunity
About the role
Our client is looking for a Business Analyst on a 12 month contract to review existing product definitions and help to develop new business solutions.
This role offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to interact with many and varied software projects and to advance their career within a successful bespoke software development organisation in the financial sector.
Working within the IT department, this role focuses on developing the business requirements and documentation for IT delivery.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Managing the definition of the product concept through to product design of new and existing customer solutions.
- Ensuring consistency of product functionality and ‘message’ across the companies’ portfolio of products.
- Consult with the business and clients to generate requirements specification documents which the business can understand and approve for development.
- Clarifying requirements and responding to issues.
- Work with our Product Team to translate requirements into comprehensive User Stories.
- Writing Use Cases.
- Work with our Architect to deliver a design vision on new products or systems to developers and end-users.
- Documenting process and data flows for existing components and services.
- Create User Manuals and provide Training to end users.
- Communicate clearly with business users and project managers.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
The candidate will work within a key client facing project team, acting as the interface between business and IT delivery. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Liaise with the development, QA, UAT and Project Management teams to comprehensively document and define the existing product portfolio.
- Ensure all product related literature is regularly maintain to match the evolving product suite.
- Build relationships with the business owners to gather, evaluate and document requirements from multiple sources throughout the organisation.
- Grow knowledge of business processes to understand and reduce issues as well as identifying opportunities.
- Proactively communicate progress, issues and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
The candidate will require:
- Analytical and problem solving skills along with an appreciation for querying other team members on specific business or technology issues.
- Understand cross functional teams and their role in enhancing current systems in line with corporate goals.
- Knowledge of business process and understanding of data flows.
- Background in delivery of business/customer definitions for the software development lifecycle.
Additional skill which are desirable but not essential:
- Good understanding of software architecture.
- Experience with Jira.
- Technical writing.
- User experience and screen design with wire-framing.
- Joining a team of talented experts in banking and payment solutions.
- Respect for your work/life balance.
- Flexible working hours.
- Office with easy access to public transport.
- Experience with Payment terminals.
- Competitive salary.
Qualifications and experience
- A 3rd Level Qualification.
- 3+ Years Business Analysis experience.
- Good analytical & problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Contact Alexandra at: [email protected] or 087 450 87 96.