Big Data Consultant
- Job Ref: 3018
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
OverviewWe are looking for an experienced Big Data Consultant for a 6 months contract, who will be part of the core team that operates and extends the EAP.
You will be part of the core team that operates and extends the EAP. You will take responsibility for the delivery of a number of change projects on the EAP change backlog. The backlog includes initiatives to introduce new tooling (data masking, on-cluster OLAP, 4GL data science workbench, Splunk integration, Kafka-based data ingestion broker, real-time stream processing, etc.).You will work directly with the in-house architecture team, several on-shore and off-shore engineering and QA teams, as well as business analysts and projects managers both within and external to EAP.
You would also will have a grounding in software development best practices, demonstrate structured approaches to problem solving and be familiar with Big Data technologies.
This will be your responsibilities on the project:
- Direct involvement in the end-to-end system development lifecycle (SDLC), from solution requirements gathering and validation activities through to Production deployment.
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Keeps programme manager well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with developers, architects and business stakeholders to deliver working solutions in an Agile and Iterative manner.
- Assist architects in producing roadmaps, continual improvement strategies and adoption of new technologies.
- Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Runs effective scrums meetings, potentially scrum of scrums.
- Easily recognises system deficiencies, missed dependencies and implements effective solutions.
- Reviews work of development team
It is very important that you experience/exposure:
- Proven technical project management experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skill
- Requirements engineering experience and expertise
- Goal oriented structured thinking and effective organizational skills
- Agile/Scrum development and management techniques
- Knowledge of data management technologies, practices and analytical approaches, including:
- Data Management and Governance with Big Data (Hive, Impala, Colibra)