Backend Technical Lead
- Job Ref: 5444
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
As a team lead you will be responsible for the internal Integration Platform team providing the technical leadership and knowledge, creating and maintaining software to integrate the different systems that compose the backbone of the content creation and management of the company.
You will be responsible for coordinating with stakeholders to extract user requirements, propose, accept and seek approval for improvements and for coordinating a team of developers in the delivery of the required features. As part of your role you, together with your team, will provide and track estimations and work, coordinate your team and report to the department manager in a comprehensive way.
- To grow, manage and lead a team of developers to build, standardise and expand our integration platform.
- To be the technical lead of the team, mentoring its members in best practices and ensuring the overall quality of the code.
- To hands on code for 50% of your time.
- To be the custodian of the architecture and design of the applications being developed or maintained by the team.
- Driving work and release planning, smartly handling interdependencies between teams, and identifying and managing requirements and architectural convergence as well as software delivery risks.
- To liaise with the stake holders and the department manager on the current requirements, progress and risks.
- Plan and architect the tech for new app features, systems and integrations, and ensure the team realisation until the go-live.
- To lead the team on operating and providing support for released applications after go-live.
- At least 8 year of hands-on backend development experience, including at least two major languages.
- Extensive experience with backend development best practices and design patterns.
- Experience working with source control systems (Git, TFS, Bitbucket, etc)
- Experience with TDD and continuous integration or continuous delivery.
- Experience building microservice architectures, highlights and caveats.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes to produce highly scalable and resilient applications, including use of best practices in logging and monitoring, load balancing and continuous integration.
- Extensive programming experience with a JVM language (Java, Kotlin) and the java ecosystem of libraries (Maven, Gradle, Spring Boot, Dropwizard, etc) with experience designing scalable backend APIs.
- Experience working with queuing systems (ActiveMq, RabbitMq, Kafka, etc).
- Experience managing a team of developers in an agile way.
- Desirable experience with cloud technologies.
- Fluent English