- Job Ref: 5578
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
OverviewWe are looking for a Backend Engineer to join the team of a sport broadcasting company.
- At least 4 year of hands-on backend development experience, including at least two major languages.
- Extensive experience with backend development best practices and design patterns.
- Experience working with source control systems (Git, TFS, Bitbucket, etc)
- Experience with TDD and continuous integration or continuous delivery.
- Experience building microservice architectures, highlights and caveats.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes to produce highly scalable and resilient applications, including use of best practices in logging and monitoring, load balancing and continuous integration.
- A demonstrable track of successful application design, performance optimizations, resilience and scalability of software.
- Extensive programming experience with a JVM language (Java, Kotlin) and the java ecosystem of libraries (Maven, Gradle, Spring Boot, Dropwizard, etc) with experience designing scalable backend APIs.
- Fluent English and outstanding communication skills (written and oral) especially in understanding requirements and explaining technical or complex concepts.
- Extensive programming experience in at least another backend languages (nodeJs, .NET).
- Experience working with queuing systems (ActiveMq, RabbitMq, Kafka, etc) with a deep understanding of core EIP concepts and the benefits / drawbacks of synchronous vs asynchronous application patterns.
- Demonstrate extensive understanding of REST / GraphQL APIs and best design patterns
- Experience and pragmatism in testing and test-driven development
- Experience managing a team of developers and QA in an agile way to deliver the product within the schedule and with top class quality.
- Desirable experience with cloud technologies in the backend area (Serverless, lambda functions, AWS ECS, AWS AppSync, etc or equivalent technologies)
- Desirable experience working with a remote team.
- Desirable experience working with integration platforms or software (Mule ESB, IBM Arema, etc)
Extensive experience with Agile Practices and the tools involved in them.
Subject to national/international criminal background checks;
Available to travel occasionally (10%) if required by immediate Supervisor