Backend developer role
- Job Ref: 6709
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Our client - a privately owned technology business wishes to extend its specialist software development team in Timi?oara. Our new offices are centrally located at Piata Ionel Bratianu, Timisoara. The role will follow a Hybrid model with flexible remote working and days in the office (once covid guidelines permit).
Key Aspects of the Role
The role is back-end / middle-tier development role based in Timisoara working with the local team who in turn collaborate directly with the Dublin based team.
Our software stack includes Microsoft .NET, .Net Core and SQL Server deployed to Windows/MS Azure and Docker Swarm and Kubernettes platform(s). The candidate will work within a dedicated back-end team highly skilled in delivering high through-put low latency trading and web services and Restful API integrations to 3rd party systems. The platform(s) contain both synchronous and asynchronous servicing on Restful API's and tcp-ip processing channels. Some business logic is maintained with SQL Server hence solid T-SQL and SQL Server knowledge/expertise is required.
Designing, documenting, coding and unit testing of the middle tier components in .Net, .Net Core, C#, java for both synchronous and asynchronous services to specification and on time.
Integration to 3rd party systems using web services based API's.
Support System Test and participate in the handover of builds to release management and production teams. Provide accurate time frames for projects and change requests & working to help Project Manager achieve deadlines.
The successful candidate
The successful candidate should have proven track record in a technically challenging development environment. Experienced in full life cycle of software development; including requirements analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of each step. Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving. The candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgment. The candidate will need to be a good team player, but will also be able to work autonomously with a minimum of
Technical skill set.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a challenging backend development environment
- Experience working as a senior C# .Net / .Net core Developer
- Strong knowledge and experience of synchronous and asynchronous service
- Strong knowledge and experience of 3rd party system integrations
- Experience of C#, Visual Studio and Microsoft development technologies, and a good understanding of OO programming
- Experience of unit testing with n-unit, productivity/refactoring plugins. Resharper
- Experience of source control & working on a shared codebase with Subversion (desired), Mercurial, Git, Perforce, with other developers on multiple versions of the software, development, test & production code bases simultaneously
Non-Technical skill set
- Experience working in online e-commerce businesses
- Experienced in the 3rd party integrations e.g. payments solutions, CRM integration, digital marketing and content provider integration etc.
In addition, candidates must have good spoken & written English.