- Job Ref: 4809
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
We are looking for Backend developers to join the team of a international company in the airline sector.
They want someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Strong understanding of and practical experience with Java/JVM languages web application development and related application frameworks (e.g Spring, Scala, Akka).
- Keen interest in building distributed systems based on cloud services (e.g AWS, Azure). A good knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Exposure to and knowledge of software release management techniques including continuous integration and delivery.
- Hands on experience of unit and integration testing.
- Experience of working in an Agile or other rapid development environment
- Delivering best-in-class high-volume applications, web services and complex solutions.
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software.
Proficient in Java or other JVM languages (e.g Scala, Kotlin)
Experience in designing scalable distributed systems
Practical knowledge of web application frameworks (e.g Spring, Akka)
Exposure to serverless architecture
Experience with microservices architecture and RESTful services
Good knowledge of development tools (e.g. Maven, Gradle, Git)
Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
Practical knowledge of reactive programming, cloud services (AWS) will be a plus (optional)
Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a fast paced commercial environment
Their technology stack:
Java, Scala, Go, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring projects, Akka, Akka Streams, AWS, AWS services (f.e. DynamoDB, EC2, Lambda, ElasticSearch, RDS, SQS), Couchbase, MySQL, Spark, Redis, Ansible, Docke