AWS DevOps Engineer
- Job Ref: 2241
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
DevOps/Infrastructure Engineering team is seeking exceptional AWS/DevOps Engineers who have built, managed, and deployed extensively on AWS infrastructure.
This role will give you the opportunity to help build the Learning Platforms that will change the way that millions of people experience education. This is a hands-on operational role with a balanced amount of tool and infrastructure development, including advanced scripting, system administration and automation across multiple platforms working within an "Agile" Environment.
You must be a very capable Engineer, with solid problem-solving skills and also have the ability to communicate, enthusiastically, clearly and concisely to other engineers within the larger team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, modify, support and maintain AWS-based components for the new and current Travel platforms ecosystems.
- Maximise utilization of AWS resources and leverage proven open source technologies to build new infrastructure platforms that will propel us into future.
- Advocate best DevOps and cloud practices across development and operational teams.
- Research, build and make continual improvements to the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) process to multiple platforms including Windows and Linux
- Experience with creating automated build, deployment and system administration processes.
- General scripting wizardry is an essential, especially Shell & Python would be an advantage.
Essential Competencies/ skills and experience:
- Ideal candidate would have 2-6 years’ experience with AWS solutions architecture certification plus system administration and automation on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Proven practical experience with a wide range of AWS components: EC2, ELB, Route53, S3, Cloudfront, SNS, SQS, RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, IAM and Cloudformation etc.
- A strong DevOps mind-set and a great drive to make both worlds work better together.
- Strong security mindset and proven experience of security considerations baked from design through to release of AWS components.
- Version Control and Continuous Integration tools (i.e. Jenkins, git).
- Proven best practice experience with AWS Infra build tooling & Configuration management tool such as Cloudformation /Pyplates/ Terraform and Chef.
- Excellent communication skills, the drive to succeed and work independently and on a team, with the ability to multi task, and deliver quality results.
This is 3 months’ contract based in North Co. Dublin, to start ASAP.
Don’t hesitate and apply now for this great job opportunity! John is waiting for your CV @ [email protected]