AVCN VC Engineer
- Job Ref: 2451
- Location: Cork, Ireland
- Type: Contract
My Client is a global leader in IT services, digital and business solutions that partners with its clients to simplify, strengthen and transform their businesses. Currently looking for AVCN VC Engineer with 3+ years of experience in engineering conference room, studio, broadcast or event AV. This contract role (1 year with possibility to extend) is based in Cork offering competitive daily rate.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Experience engineering and developing large scale integrated AV systems.
- Solid experience with audio and video design.
- CAD or other wiring schematic drafting experience.
- Knowledge of network operations best practices and production systems.
- Strong Knowledge of video and audio codecs (H.264, MPEG4, AAC, etc.) and media streaming architectures (HTTP adaptive streaming, RTP/RTSP).
- Identify, analyse, and drive problems to resolution, handling complex issues simultaneously while effectively communicating across teams.
- Structured Cabling Experience (incl. AV cabling).
- Minimum 1 years of experience and knowledge of Tandberg, Cisco and Codian video conferencing technologies.
- Crestron Experience and /or DMC Eng qualifications is desirable.
- Supporting Company’s existing A/V and Video conferencing, broadcast network systems and infrastructure.
- Collaborate and recommend both tactical and strategic video, networking and collaboration capabilities.
- Play a vital role in the standardisation and simplification of the Company’s video systems
- Team with peer IS&T groups in delivering video and broadcast services as defined by management.
- Develop internal staff documents for event analysis, troubleshooting support, network infrastructure documentation and maintenance procedures.
Unfortunately, we can’t offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland.