Automation Test Engineer
- Job Ref: 2832
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
We are looking for Automation Test Engineers for a leading consultancy company in software testing for Dublin City Centre location.
What is on offer for you?
Our client also offer a formal and structured appraisal process to ensure progress within the company as well as diverse and varied projects with various clients. Applicants must be willing to travel to various client sites throughout Dublin.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Design, plan, implement and maintain automation test frameworks using commercial or open-source tools. This includes;
- Working with key stakeholders to identify and design automation solutions.
- Generating reliable effort estimates for tasks.
- Creating automation solution design based on best-practice .
- Building automation test cases based on functional test assets.
- Working collaboratively with other teams during test preparation and execution activities.
- Investigating and debug application defects.
- Producing clear and concise reports during the life cycle of an automation project.
- Identifying opportunities for further test automation or efficiencies through automation.
- Communicating Automation Benefits to clients.
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage own Automation deliverables
- Participate in training, including self-conducted learning, to keep skills up-to-date.
- Work on supervised proof of concept exercises including the creation of pre-sales collateral
If you pride yourself with the above skills:
- You should have at least 2 years' experience of automation testing across a number of projects and technologies
- Working knowledge of Automation tools and frameworks. Experience developing Automation Test Cases and Functions using specific approach
- Must be proficient in industry leading automation test tools (eg QTP/UFT, Selenium, Coded UI, TestComplete, BDD tooling (Cucumber/jBehave).
- Must be proficient at writing complex code in some of the following languages: Java, C#, MS VBScript
- Understanding of CI, Dependency Management and Source Control tools.
- Understanding of test management tools/solutions/integrations (eg JIRA, ALM/QC, MS TM)
- Ability to interact with other teams to derive information required for projects
- Ability to highlight and escalate risks related to assigned work
- Have a proactive, can do attitude with a proven track record of implementing automated solutions
Don't hesitate to get in touch to find out more details about this 6 months rolling contract.
*For this position ONLY APPLICANTS ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN IRELAND ARE CONSIDERED!*