- Job Ref: 3969
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Android developer responsibilities
- Develop applications in Java
- Maintaining and building of new applications
- Optimizing applications and unit testing
We are looking for an experienced Android developer to join our in-house development team in Dublin. You will be responsible for building a suite of Android applications. You should be able to translate our company and customers’ needs into functional and appealing interactive applications. You will work as part of our development team. If you are interested in creating user friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design
- Understanding of architecture of mobile applications, common patterns and design
- Proven knowledge of Java with examples
- Knowledge and appreciation of using TDD and testing Frameworks.
- Knowledge of build systems such as Maven, Gradle, GIT, and Jira
- Experience with 3rd party libraries: RxJava, Dagger, Retrofit etc.
- 3+ year experience designing and developing Android consumer-facing applications
- Experience with Kotlin is desired (not essential)