Agile Product Owner
- Job Ref: 4106
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Type: Permanent
AGILE PRODUCT OWNER
My client is a dynamic, Irish-owned, professional services company, located in the heart of Dublin city. From banking to Telecoms, from train stations to space stations, they enable customers to keep vital services running. By providing solutions, consultancy and training, they equip their clients to overcome their challenges with tools and people to develop cutting edge technologies in the areas of DevOps, automation CI and Cloud. Their employees get an opportunity to broaden their horizons by working on technologies that will shape the future.
We are currently recruiting for a number of roles to join our brand new office in the continental Europe, which will be headquartered in Bucharest, Romania!
The first 2-3 months of the project will be based in Dublin and then will be based full time in Bucharest.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Agile Product Owner (PO) focuses on the operational side of product development, ensuring that they understand the priority of the product and the customer requirements. The role involves working closely with both internal teams and external customers. While not a technical role, the day-to-day subject matter is technical in nature.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to understand product requirements.
- Translate product requirements in to epics and user stories.
- Maintain a prioritised set of user stories on the product backlog for the Agile Scrum teams to implement.
- Ensure that the user stories and epics are traceable and that high level requirements are maintained.
- Define the acceptance criteria for user stories and approves user stories once satisfied that the acceptance criteria have been met.
- Work closely with the Agile Scrum teams during refinement and implementation of user stories providing input, advice and clarifications when needed.
- Ensure that Agile Scrum teams have a clear understanding of what they are developing and the technical and business value it delivers to the customer.
- Engage with the Architecture team when necessary to ensure the product’s architectural integrity is maintained during user story implementation.
- Act as an evangelist of the product vision and value to all stakeholders.
- Ensure the overall quality of each sprint delivery.
- Manage stakeholder expectations with respect to delivery capability and release planning.
- 1 – 2 years previous experience working as an Agile Product Owner or similar.
- Minimum 5 years’ previous experience working in the software industry in a technically orientated role or roles (such as developer, tester, support, technical business analyst)
- Experience delivering software in an agile software development environment.
- Skilled in using agile software development processes with a focus on delivering quality software.
- Knowledge of Agile estimation and planning techniques.
- An interest in technology and accustomed to dealing with low-level technical information.
- Comfortable being looked to as a decision maker and clearly able to explain the rationale behind any decisions that are made.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Excellent team-work skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A positive attitude when faced with challenges.
- Analytical with good problem solving skills.
- Adaptable and open to taking on new roles, new relationships, new values, new behaviours, and new approaches to work on a continuous basis.
- Collaborative approach to finding solutions -values direct communication with customers rather than tools and processes
- Have the confidence to challenge decisions when needed and propose alternatives, both to the team and the customer.
- Have a natural curiosity and a desire to continuously improve and innovate, and a willingness to make decisions and work with others to put them into effect.
- Agile Product Owner certification.
- Knowledge or experience of working in DevOps environments.
- Knowledge or experience of working with the Linux Operating System, scripting languages (such as Python) and programming languages (such as Java).
- Experience of working with JIRA & Confluence.
If the above sounds like something you would be passionate about and if you possess the above skills, we look forward to hear from you!