2nd Level Service Desk Systems Engineer
- Job Ref: 1894
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
This role is part of our clients dedicated Service Desk and Support team. Based in Dublin city centre we are looking for a keen, experienced systems engineer to operate on our Service Desk. This is a 2nd level position providing support on customers' ICT infrastructure.
You will need to have a broad technical background with good communication skills and an eagerness to learn.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff at client sites
- Quickly build rapport and gain client confidence
- Work individually and as a team
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods
- Be eager to learn
Qualifications & Experience
- Have strong troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to quickly learn new and existing products and technologies
- Logical thinker
- Utilise all tools available to resolve issues
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- Small Business Server 2003 admin skills
- Terminal Services / SSL VPN
- Active Directory
- Exchange Server/2003/2010/2013 Office 365
- Windows XP Windows 7 Window 8 Windows 10
- Firewall/Routers. (Cisco / Sonicwall / Sophos UTM) understanding required, product knowledge an advantage
- WAN configurations – Site to Site VPNs Routing / NAT configurations. Basic understanding required product knowledge an advantage
- Strong IP skills (Good understanding of TCP /IP)
- Good understanding of server hardware and storage (i.e. RAID sets on servers, tape drives).
- MCP / MCSA preferable but not necessary
- Virtualization knowledge (VMWare or MS HyperV).
- Good working knowledge of backup systems (on-prem / cloud)
- Mac experience
- Good working and troubleshooting knowledge of Windows networking DHCP/DNS/Routing
- SAN storage knowledge